Junior Quantity Surveyor
Hourly rate TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Junior Quantity Surveyor for CORMAC to join their Contracts team focusing on civil engineering projects. The role will be an ongoing temporary position initially with the opportunity to go permanent for the right person.
• To assist senior staff in the compilation of data to monitor individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis
• To ensure the full and proper implementation of Commercial Procedures
• To assist senior staff in the issue and management of records and documentation relating to contract accounts
• To assist in the preparation of draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility dictated by Commercial Procedures
• To assist in the procurement of and monitoring of sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff
• To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments
• To assist senior staff in pricing variations
• To assist senior staff in design cost control
• Value management/value engineering input
• Required to attend regular meetings
• To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and to strive to enhance one’s own professional capability
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Relevant Quantity Surveying degree
• Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
• Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings
• Ability to take off quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement
• Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
• Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop
• Experience of working within a construction company, ideally gained from a summer placement or year in industry
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.