Platform Infrastructure Engineer
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a permanent Platform Infrastructure Engineer on behalf of a large-scale Education Tech hub in Cornwall.
As a Platform Infrastructure Engineer, you will ensure that the day-to-day running of the servers, storage and backup platform infrastructure services are delivered to a high standard and in accordance with defined service level agreements.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Server, Storage and Backup infrastructure services within a Service Management framework and in line with the agreed college standards and Service Levels.
- Responsible for managing the resolution of major incidents and any escalated issues on the Computer & Storage platform infrastructure.
- Responsible for the security, resilience, backup and monitoring of the college Computer & Storage platform infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining service and enacting Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure business continuity arrangements as required.
- Responsible for fostering a practice of collaboration and continuous improvement within and outside of the Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure team.
- Responsible for representation and ownership of Computer and Storage Platform Infrastructure projects deliverables as required.
- Responsible for representing the Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure team as required.
- Deputation for Platform Infrastructure team lead and manager as required.
- To deliver Server, Storage and Backup infrastructure services in line with the agreed service levels.
- To ensure all Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure Services are maintained to the correct architectural and technical best practice specifications.
- To operate in line with the College IT Operating Model and Values and to promote these within the Computer & Storage Team.
- To contribute to the Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure service/product roadmap.
- To assist the Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure team and manager to prioritise and deliver against incidents, service requests and change requests associated with Computer and Storage Platform Infrastructure services.
- To drive operational excellence across IT Platform Infrastructure services.
Communication & networking:
- Develop and maintain collaborative and inclusive relationships with peers, key College stakeholders, management and colleagues.
- Utilise effective communication skills to ensure opportunities for service improvement, issues, service targets, objectives and strategies are clearly understood.
Decision making, planning & problem solving:
- To develop and continually improve the college Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure services.
- To deliver statistical information about Computer & Storage services leading to improved services.
- Ensure the root cause of all Computer & Storage infrastructure P1, P2 and escalated incidents are obtained and actively seek to eliminate such root causes through a practice of continuous improvement.
- Identify and implement service improvements for the Computer & Storage service that optimise costs, resources and service delivered.
- Work with the Computer & Storage Platform Infrastructure manager to create a forward plan of activities and resources and ensure these are implemented.
Architectural and service delivery:
- Adhere to a best practice Service Management and Architectural framework (ITIL, TOGAF)
- Ensure that user experience and satisfaction is at the forefront of all activities.
- Drive customer satisfaction to over 90% and ensure SLA attainment is consistently above minimum requirements for the Computer & Storage Infrastructure services.
- Keep abreast of changing trends and market developments of current and future technologies.
- Expertise in Computer & Storage technologies, including VMware & HyperV virtualisation, Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, HPE 3PAR, StoreOnce and StoreEasy storage solutions, and HPE blade & rack mount servers
- Excellent Computer & Storage operational monitoring, management and troubleshooting skills and knowledge of problem resolution methodologies
- Demonstrated Computer & Storage design experience, covering VMware & Hyper-V hypervisors, HPE 3PAR storage and HPE blade chassis
- Experience of working with ITIL based Service processes and functions including ITSM tools, Service Desks and Service Process Managers
- Proven experience of working with enterprise scale applications, infrastructure and software
- Proven ability to write technical documentation, operational run books and manuals
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to maintain and update professional and technical knowledge and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent working knowledge as well as design, implementation and operational management skills of storage systems to include HPE 3PAR, HPE StoreOnce and StoreEasy solutions
- Education to degree standard and/or equivalent qualifications/experience
- ITIL qualification (Foundation Minimum)
- Knowledge of IT Security protocols, processes, policies and standards
- Demonstrated appreciation of the role of the academic school and departmental disciplines and their specific IT Support needs
- Familiarity of object-based storage solutions such as Scality
- Familiarity of public cloud solutions including the assessment and migration of services
- Familiarity with data protection technologies such as Veeam backup solutions
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 10% discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension scheme
- Modern, comfortable offices a mere 10 minutes from the beach – plus much more!
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.