Competitive TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for an ambitious Programmer to work for Cormac within their Contracting team working on a range of civils projects. The role will be temporary in the first instance with the opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate.
This is a key position for controlling programmes, costs and resources on our construction projects. You will be creating, developing, monitoring and reporting on construction programmes at tender and construction phase for a range of civil engineering projects.
- To plan, programme and monitor all works carried out by the Contracting team. Working closely with the Estimating Team, Project Managers and Site Agents to assemble tender programmes, determine the resources required by project/scheme and to manage, monitor and disseminate progress reports
- Assisting Project Managers and Site Agents in determining the appropriate level of labour, materials and plant required for their site to ensure the work is programmed in the most effective and efficient manner
- Working with the Estimating team and the Project Managers to produce Tender Programmes in line with the tender information supplied for NEC/ contracts
- Sharing programme information with Clients and other internal teams, ensuring the most efficient coordination of schemes is achieved
- Provide progress updates
- Provide information for and where required attend pre-tender, mid-tender and post tender interviews
- Provide critical path analysis, trend forecasts, look ahead and support to detailed cost and schedule reviews
- Liaise with sub‐contractors, collate progress information and update the project programme
- Maintain confidentiality of information
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Training to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a business/construction related subject
- Proven experience of Civil Engineering and/or Construction programming
- Construction, project planning experience
- NEC Status
- Detailed knowledge of various construction programme software including Microsoft Project combined with sound general IT skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of construction/engineering contract procedures and specifications
- CSCS Card holder
*The normal duties of the role may involve travel on a regular basis. It is a condition of employment that the role holder can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role. For those journeys where an alternative form of transport is unavailable or impracticable the role holder will be required to provide a suitable vehicle.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.