St Austell, Cornwall
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to manage and lead a multi-disciplined maintenance team for one of Cornwall’s largest employers.
The role will manage all aspects of the purchasing function across 23 UK sites and 180M€ purchasing spend.
- Develop category plans for technology, goods, and services purchased
- Manage a team of 1 x Plant Purchasing Manager and 2 x Junior Plant Purchasing Managers.
- Leads supplier negotiations with support from key stakeholders to deliver best value for technical requirements, delivery schedules, cost, while taking into consideration the total cost of ownership.
- Develops and reviews contract and negotiates agreements.
- Manage vendor/supplier relationships and interface with key business leaders on supplier issues.
- Follows and implements Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report on purchasing’s performance compared to departmental KPIs,
- Travel to other sites when required
Required skills and experience:
- Level 6 CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in a strategic sourcing role with expertise in influencing business strategy and vendor relations.
- Relevant degree, preferably Masters level (Bachelor degree will be considered for the right applicant) or equivalent.
- Project planning and management experience.
- Experience managing and mentoring purchasing personnel.
- Prior experience managing diverse stakeholder interests and expectations.
- Flexible to travel, initially for 3 days per week to London until relationship is established
To discuss this role further please contact Jake Phillips at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.