PVCu Site Supervisor
Temporary Full Time
£13.90 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced PVCu Site Supervisor to work for Cornwall Housing.This role will be temporary full time based out of Truro.
This role is subject to a DBS clearance
- To supervise, motivate and lead the PVCu site upgrade and installation teams to deliver the PVCu Service & Security Upgrade Programme. Organising/planning work, liaising with tenants and subcontractors. On occasion, assisting with window & door installation as a part of the team. Ensuring compliance of the team to company health and safety standards.
- Supervise the team, ensuring work is to the required standard following the correct procedures and policies
- Assist the PVCu Management Team with the preparation, planning and organising of work for the upgrading and fixing of windows, doors and all accompanying products
- Work with the Site Team to achieve any performance targets set by the PVCu Manager for the upgrading or installation of windows and doors in a timely manner
- Assist and liaise with the PVCu Manager in the use of resources in the installation of windows and doors, in a timely manner, to ensure efficient processing
- Responsible for issuing stock to employees ensuring site vehicles are sufficiently stocked to perform the required activity
- Complete and collate all necessary paperwork relating to work carried out by the team and return to the office in a timely way
- Issue and collect Customer Satisfaction Forms
- To bring to the attention to the Manager any tenant complaints and deal with them where appropriate
- Train employees in the process of installation and upgrade of PVCu windows and doors and in the use of site equipment and tools
- Ensure that all Health & Safety/CDM regulations are adhered to.
- Carry out regular PPE Inspections, Ladder checks etc
- Ensure the Absence Management procedure is followed correctly and carry out back to work interviews.
- Hold toolbox chats and assist with team briefs to update employees of new policies, procedures and issues and communicate any relevant information on a regular basis
- Carry out regular one-to-one and staff appraisals
- To adhere to the Vehicle Policy and ensure vehicles are checked, cleaned and maintained on a regular basis
- Assist with maintaining records for the accreditation of BS EN ISO 9001:2016.
- Responsible for ensuring the maximum amount of waste materials from sites are recycled
- Occasionally, when required, carry out site measurement/survey of existing windows and doors
- Liaise with designated subcontractors & other Cornwall Housing staff on site
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in Supervision or management or experience of supervising site teams
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in order to interact with both staff and customers
- Proven experience within the construction industry. Ideally supervising a site-based team
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a housing maintenance environment and evidences experience of working in a site environment
- Proven ability to undertake site measurements/surveys
- Evidence of proficiency in the use of handheld and power tools
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, planning and organisational skills is essential
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Confident and self-motivated
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.