£Competitive TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Quantity Surveyor for CORMAC to join their Contracting Division, focusing on civil engineering projects. The role will be an ongoing temporary position. Permanent opportunities for the right person.
Opportunities throughout Cornwall
- Working closely with contractors and officers to manage assigned projects and works
- Manage the day to day cost and value management for assigned projects and schemes
- Review tendered costs to maximise the contribution targets for all elements of the scheme
- Attending tender review meetings
- To contribute to the preparation and compilation of tender submissions
- Establish a Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) structure in accordance with current process
- Prepare and present monthly CVR reports including monthly updated outturn forecasts
- To attend pre contract meetings and contract commencement briefings
- Ensuring all orders and sub/supply contracts are in place to enable the construction programme to be achieved
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Relevant surveying related qualification (equivalent HNC/NVQ4)
- Successful and consistent commercial achievement in scheme/project delivery in an Engineering/Construction related area
- Demonstrable experience in cost control management of construction and engineering projects from concept to delivery
- Proven understanding of the principles and practice of project management and a track record of achieving project specific aims and objectives
- Knowledge of procurement processes, ECI and contracts plus an understanding of Health and Safety and risk management
- CSCS Card
- Full driving licence
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.