Temporary Full Time
£12.47 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Refurbishment Estimator to work for Corserv within their Project Team. This is a temporary role covering 37 hours per week. The project will run until approx May 2021.
This role will be homebased with travel
The primary purpose of the role will be to accompany project officers on visits to properties identified as a possible fit for the project. The Refurbishment Estimator will produce and complete accurate, timely estimates of the costs of refurbishing properties to project letting standards.
In addition, the role holder will assist with
- Engaging directly with a single County-wide agent to act as our partner in bringing forward a pipeline of potential properties based on the project criteria
- Property conveyancing by answering queries as needed
- Work with contracted surveyors to identify solutions to problems
- Assist with keeping records associated with the purchase
- Liaise with project staff to ensure effective communications
- You will need to be able to work alone on your own initiative and be able to drive all over the County (although) the target areas are main towns from St Austell Westwards)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Hold an ONC or HNC in building maintenance/construction or working towards a construction related qualification or equivalent relevant experience in construction or housing facilities
- Understanding of construction industry surveying techniques, conditions assessments and asset management
- Clear understanding of repair and maintenance issues within cyclical maintenance contracts and the social housing sector
- Experience of preparing specifications for building and maintenance programmes
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of IT systems to support project and programme management e.g. Microsoft project
- Be able to self-motivate and to work at home
- Hold a Full UK driving licence
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.