Temporary Full Time
£15.59 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Refurbishment Manager to work for Corserv within their Project Team. This is a temporary role covering 37 hours per week. The project will run until approx May 2021.
This role will be homebased with travel
Manage delivery of a programme to refurbish new purchased properties including the line management of up to 12 directly employed trade staff as well as a range of specialist subcontractors.
The refurbishments will range from simple painting, decorating and compliance work to more major refurbishment projects of larger domestic and former commercial properties.
At any one time the role will be responsible for managing up to 30 refurbishment projects, you will ensure delivery is on time, to budget and of an appropriate standard. You will also be responsible for ensuring Health and Safety standards on each site are met.
For purchased properties:
- Collect keys and fit key boxes to each property and ensure it is secure
- Carry out a survey of each property purchased and plan works needed, based on the estimate compiled during the purchase period
- Ensure all safety checks are carried out and respond to any issues arising
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met, this will include compiling site-specific health and safety risk assessments and communicating the results to all relevant workers and organisations
- Ensuring PPE equipment is available, up-to-date and fit for purpose, compliance with all company policies (for example lone working)
- Organise and manage all resources required for the refurbishment (including materials, sub-contractors and labour)
- Provide timely responses to queries raised by the work team
- Carry out inspections during work progress
- The maintenance of statutory and regulatory compliance records ensuring that all inspections and maintenance are completed to time and are properly recorded with appropriate certification
- To be the single point of contact for all assigned refurbishment related requests and issues
- Attend meetings
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Hold an ONC or HNC in building maintenance/construction or working towards a construction related qualification or equivalent relevant experience in construction or housing facilities
- You will have an appropriate H&S qualification such as SMSTS or equivalent with experience in compiling risk assessments and method statements
- experience in managing a team of trades personal and managing sub-contractors
- Understanding of construction industry surveying techniques, conditions assessments and asset management
- You will have project management experience in delivering multiple construction projects
- Be able to self-motivate and to work at home
- Hold a Full UK driving licence
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.