Senior Engineer (Highways Structures)
Temporary Approx 3 months
£21.35 per hour (PAYE)
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a temporary Senior Engineer to work for CORMAC within their Engineering Design Team.
Working with the Structures team, Engineering Design Group, Engineering Services Laboratory and other external clients to undertake the coordination of professional and technical activities associated with a number of civil/structural engineering projects.
Undertake, manage and coordinate all aspects of projects including:
- Initial study of alternative engineering solutions
- Preparation of cost estimates
- Feasibility studies and technical report
- Preliminary design work
- Technical Approval Preparation
- Detailed design work
- Drawing production
- Contract document preparation
- Structural inspections
- Structural assessments
- Appraisal of tenders
- Checking of contractor’s temporary proposals
- Contract supervision and administration, as required
- Health and Safety, including CDM
- Control all projects in accordance with predetermined design budgets and /or fees to agreed timescales
- Supervise the day to day work of project staff
- Deal directly with project client on all administration, progress and financial matters
- Liaise with Elected Members, the Public and relevant external bodies in order to conduct appropriate consultants
- If contract supervision is external to the Group, to liaise with site staff once the project is under construction in order to provide technical advice and to attend site progress meetings
- Prepare formal reports and write Committee items as appropriate
- Comply with the requirements of the Business management system, e.g. QA, Safety, Environmental, Training
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Chartered (C.Eng) or Incorporated (I.Eng) civil or structural engineer or working towards Chartered (C.Eng) civil or structural engineer status
- Substantial post I.Eng experience in civil engineering or significant C.Eng in civil engineering or demonstrable substantial experience/competence equivalent to above if not currently qualified
- Proven track record of active involvement in highway structures work
- Experience of managing an team
- Proven project management skills, ability to monitor project progress and finances
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable track record of design of reinforced concrete bridges and retaining walls of different structural forms
- Track record of Design and/or assessment of bridges and retaining walls
- Wide knowledge of construction methods and techniques
*The normal duties of the role may involve travel on a regular or occasional basis. It is a condition of employment that the role holder can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role*
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.