St Austell, Cornwall
£32,600 – 36,500.
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a Site Engineer to manage and lead a multi-disciplined maintenance team for one of Cornwall’s largest employers.
Lead, plan and deliver capital development & sustenance projects. Another important aspect to this role is monitor and support further kiln improvements and savings for long term sustainability of calcined kaolin production.
- To ensure maintenance activities support both ISO 14001 & ISO 9001 environmental & quality system compliance.
- Scope out and manage projects including Capex estimation, design, and installation, commissioning and coordinating various contractors.
- Management of the site stores ensuring that key consumables are available to fulfil engineering requirements whilst closely controlling the total stock value.
- To review and manage appropriate repair, service and preventive maintenance to minimise downtime in production
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost reductions.
- Carry out investigation and actions relating to employee performance improvement, attendance counselling & disciplinary matters.
- Carry out Annual Performance reviews for direct reports
- Monitor the kiln/s to ensure operating at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that all gas and oil equipment complies with current legislation
Required skills and experience:
- Hold a HNC Engineering qualification as a minimum, preferably HND with a proven experience in plant engineering / process.
- Indentured apprenticeship and vocational qualifications to minimum NVQ Level 3 (Electrical or Mechanical)
- Proven management experience in a production environment
- Experience of managing engineering maintenance teams.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems, both gas and oil
- combustion systems and in a plant/production environment
- Significant proven experience in financial management, i.e. setting budgets, managing costs on a regular basis and preparing proposals for Capital Expenditure
To discuss this role further please contact Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.