Temporary until March 2022
Based Bodmin or St Austell
Pay rate: 12.07 per hour
Monday to Friday, there will be a requirement to work one day in the weekend on a monthly rota.
The Support and Assessment Officer will offer support to service users accessing the Somewhere Safe to Stay Hub (SStS) as they start the journey to rehousing. They will implement a triage process, complete assessments of need and relevant support/action plans for rough sleepers including those at risk of rough sleeping. Workers will ensure a safe and respectful environment and encouraging maximum service user engagement and contribute to the day to day development, and delivery of the SStS across Cornwall including meeting commissioner targets and key milestones.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the delivery of a 24/7 rota working at a SStS Assessment Hub a number of locations (at present, Truro, Penzance and Falmouth with Newquay and Bodmin expected).
- Engage with service users who present at a SStS Assessment Hub via referrals
- Encourage and take client self referrals and other agencies referrals (where applicable).
- Complete a full risk and needs assessments with each individual.
- Complete a Personal Housing Plan with clients and review progress and assist the client to achieve the outcomes agreed in the plan.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with relevant agencies e.g. drug/alcohol services, probation and health care services.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Knowledge, experience and skills in giving advice, information and signposting
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers
- Excellent communication with good interpersonal skills
- Own transport is essential
- This post is subject to a DBS check
Please submit your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Jobline Staffing are an Equal Opportunities employer. Right to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.