Location: Bodmin and WFH
Temporary until March 2022
Pay rate: £11.84 per hour
Jobline Staffing in partnership with Cornwall Housing are looking to recruit a Support and Assessment Officer who will provide support to service users accessing the Safe to Stay Hub (SStS) as they start the journey to rehousing.
The SStS us a 24/7 safe emergency assessment hub. You will assist to enable the SStS to act as a single point of contact for all referrals for rough sleepers (via the Single Referral Form), capturing all vacancies and accommodation options for appropriate referral onward.
• Work as part of a team to ensure the delivery of a 24/7 rota working at a SStS Assessment Hub a number of locations
• Engage with service users who present at a SStS Assessment Hub via referrals from Prevention and Engagement Teams, Street Outreach Teams, Prison and hospital discharges, Nos Da Kernow and other rough sleeper initiative projects.
• Encourage and take client self referrals and other agencies referrals (where applicable).
• Complete a full risk and needs assessments with each individual.
• Complete a Personal Housing Plan with clients and review progress and assist the client to achieve the outcomes agreed in the plan.
• Advocate on behalf of clients with relevant agencies e.g. drug/alcohol services, probation and health care services.
• Knowledge, experience and skills in giving advice, information and signposting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working with vulnerable people
• Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers
• Support and Assessment Officers will work on a shift basis to include evening and weekend working, including bank holidays. Shifts will either be 0700-1500 or 1400-2200 weekdays with a 0900-1700 shift on weekends (approx. one weekend in every three will be worked with time off during the week.
Please apply if you are interested in this role.
If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Right to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.