Temporary Full Time
£12.35-£16.90 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Surfacing Supervisor for CORMAC to work with Surfacing Gangs on Highways Projects throughout Cornwall. The role will be ongoing temporary with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
Responsible for managing the work of Cormac surfacing teams engaged in Surfacing or Construction activities. You will be responsible for all aspects of the operational delivery including Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Financial for all works delivered within your area. This role will be working mainly in Cornwall but on occasions you may be required to work out of Cornwall.
- Manage on-site activities which includes inductions, toolbox talks and similar
- Provide management of Health and Safety on site
- Responsible for material ordering and control of site labour and contractors
- Controlling site budgets and ensuring profit on all schemes
- Control of site deadlines and handovers
- Supervise operatives and sub-contractors engaged in the works
- Client liaison where appropriate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in supervision of surfacing gangs
- Previous knowledge of working on highway and external contracts
- A good track record of supervising sites to a high standard
- You will hold a NVQ3 or ILM Level 3 Award in First Line Management or equivalent in an engineering or environmental discipline, or you will be working towards this
- You will hold a relevant Health and Safety certificate or qualification
- Full UK driving licence
- It would be desirable l if you have worked in the surfacing industry previously however this is not essential
This role is physically demanding and requires working outside in all weather conditions; therefore you must be prepared for this.
*Night work is paid at time and a half as are hours worked over 40**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.