Technician Structural Engineering
Temporary (37 hours per week)
£9.30 plus per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Technician Structural Engineering to work for CORMAC within their Structures team. This role will be for approx. 3-6 months initially, likely to be extended.
The role will be a mixture of home and site working
Hourly rate to be discussed depending on skills and experience held
- Ability to use CAD to communicate alternative options, existing and proposed general arrangements of structures including bridges and retaining walls
- Undertake simple level and dimensional surveys as required
- Identify defects and risks relating to identified defects on structures typically comprising simple stone, timber, steel or concrete footbridges, bridges, retaining walls and embankments forming the public right of way network, trails and coastal paths within Cornwall
- Practical appreciation of simple and effective repairs that could be implemented to address identified defects on structures
- Must be able to undertake dynamic risks assessments to ensure own safety and safety of other whilst carrying out their duties
- Appreciation of technical design requirements and complying with DMRB where appropriate and providing advice and guidance when required
- Appreciation of impact of proposals may have on existing structures and identify what further investigation may be necessary to confirm proposals are safe to be construct and in use
- Ability to present factual reports and feasibility/option appraisals considering whole life costs and construction costs
- Experience of obtaining consents from statutory bodies such as, Marine Management Organisation (MMO) Local Planning Authority (LPA) and Environment Agency (EA)/Land Drainage Authority (LDA)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Technician or graduate engineer with minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a field relating to highway structure maintenance or design
- Civil Engineering background
- Managing own workload with support and guidance
- Must possess a sufficient level of fitness to walk reasonable distance across fields and/or steep/uneven access trails to undertake inspections as required
- Must have access to a car and be willing to drive
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.