You will be responsible and accountable for the estate management, letting and income management of all forms of temporary accommodation.
You will also assess customers’ future housing needs and be responsible and accountable for ongoing delivery of housing related support, information and advice and move on pathway planning.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of the broad homelessness legislation, the Localism Act, government directives and current case law, demonstrated through thorough and accountable team decision-making.
- A working knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 part VII(as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) and the Localism Act 2012
- Knowledge of the Social Housing Allocations Framework (part Vi of the Housing ACT 1996)
- Detailed knowledge of working practices of Private Rented Sector, recognise when offers of accommodation in the Private Rented Sector may be appropriate, and have an awareness of the HPF policy
- Knowledge and experience of housing management including rent accounting and tenancy management
- Experience of working with registered social landlords, and an in-depth and detailed understanding of the Council’s allocations policies and the role of the Housing Register
- Experience of working with Private Sector Landlords
- Knowledge of the objectives and policies relating to the Housing Options and Temporary Accommodation Teams
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of the homelessness legislation, in particular the Housing Act 1996 Parts V1 and V11 + Localism Act
- A sound understanding of the welfare benefits system, in particular Housing Benefits
- Demonstrate an ability to provide a high level of customer care in a busy housing service or similar
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role which will be processed once an offer has been made.
You must have access to your own transport.
Please submit your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.