Temporary Full Time
Based Truro & Liskeard
£18-£20 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for experienced Electricians to work for one of our clients. This will be to carrying out technical trade repairs, maintenance, Electrical testing or improvements to properties throughout Cornwall. This role is temporary full time, to start immediately.
This role will be subject to a DBS clearance
Your main responsibility will be to work in properties throughout Cornwall that are being refurbished.
- Carry out technical trade repairs, maintenance and improvement works within properties
- Undertake works in accordance with current regulations with regards to electrical systems and appliances including annual periodic test and report, remedial works, responsive & void repairs, work arising from service and mutual exchange safety certification. Full or partial electrical system installations as required
- Ensuring compliance with current regulations by the completion of relevant certification
- Ensuring accurate recording, completion and submission of paper work including time sheets, job sheets and material usage
- Accurate recording and use of PDA hand held devices, including correctly completed and submitted electronic job orders, time recording, material usage, variations, completion and sign off
- Ensuring accurate requests for special material orders via the appropriate team leader
- Responsible for impressed vehicle stock, impressed vehicle tools and plant, company vehicle, mobile working device
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the applicable team leader
- Carry out all duties in an efficient, courteous manner with due respect to any special circumstances or needs of tenants affected
- Responsible for the care and condition of all vehicles, plant, tools, equipment, spares and other materials used / issued to the post holder
- To be responsible for the correct use of vehicles in accordance with company policy
- Be responsible for ensuring safe working procedures are maintained and all site operations are performed in a safe manner in accordance with risk and method assessments/statements to the requirements of CDM regulations
- Present a positive attitude to tenants and leaseholders at all times
- Undertake when required other duties not specifically mentioned within the Role Profile that are reasonable to the level of accountability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of relevant apprenticeship; City and Guilds Advanced Craft or equivalent; NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or City and Guilds 2360 parts 1 and 2 or equivalent qualification. City and Guilds 2382 17th edition Wiring Regulations is essential. City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations. Or equivalent is essential. Part ‘P’ Accreditation
- Substantial experience in domestic and commercial electrical installation. Experience in fault finding in electrical systems including heating systems is essential
- ECS/JIB Card and knowledge of Fire alarm/emergency lighting /Three phase systems is desirable
- MICS accreditation or knowledge of renewable technologies to include PV, ASHP, GSHP would be desirable
- Substantial post qualification experience in a repair, inspection, diagnostics, maintenance and improvement environment is essential
- Experience of working within a Housing Maintenance environment is desirable
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, planning and organizational skills is essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Confident and self motivated
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
**NOTE A vehicle will not be provided initially, you may have to use your own vehicle and be paid mileage or be paired up with another colleague . Vehicle will be provided after 12 weeks**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.